The purpose of the NG911 Workgroup is to develop a strategic plan for NextGen 9-1-1 implementation in Wisconsin. The Workgroup was established by the State Interoperability Council (IC) in May 2016 under the general guidance of the 9-1-1 subcommittee to fulfill the Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan (SCIP) goal #11 (create a strategic plan for deployment of NG911).
NG911 Workgroup Membership and Organization:
The NG911 Workgroup is composed of the following representation:
- Wisconsin Counties Association
- Wisconsin League of Municipalities
- EMS Advisory Board - VACANT
- Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association
- Badger State Sheriff's Association
- Wisconsin Fire Chief's Association
- MABAS Communications Committee
- Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Wisconsin State Patrol - VACANT
- Public Service Commission
- Wisconsin APCO
- Wisconsin NENA
- Joint Finance Committee
- National Teleco
- State Teleco
- Wireless Carrier - VACANT
- State GIS Subject Matter Expert
- Local GIS Subject Matter Expert
- Wisconsin Land Information Association
- Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert
- Six (6) Regional Representatives
The NG911 Workgroup held their first meeting on August 4th, 2016 to begin the initial discussion and planning for developing a strategic plan. The Workgroup has since developed a White Paper approved by the IC on September 27th, 2016 to be distributed across the state to public safety stakeholders and the state legislature.
The Workgroup will continue to meet as needed to ensure an adequate strategic plan is developed. As of May 11th, 2017, the Interoperability Council has published the following plan for NextGen 9-1-1 in Wisconsin.
For more information on the NG911 Workgroup, please contact Jessica Jimenez at email@example.com.