WISCOM Programming Keys
Instructions for Access to WISCOM Programming Keys
(For Radio Technicians/Programmers)
This page provides guidance for radio technicians who require access to the WISCOM programming key(s). Approval is for an individual technician who must have the endorsement of his or her employer/company. Additionally, an endorsement is required from a public safety agency who intends to use your programming services.
Here are some key clauses of the agreement:
- The radio program security key of any manufacturer shall not be provided or divulged for any reason to persons other than those who have been authorized by the Statewide System Management Group (SSMG) through this agreement.
- Only radios of specifically authorized agencies that have completed an application and Memorandum of Understanding with the system administration shall be programmed or otherwise included in the system.
- No radio shall be programmed, or program modified, except for those authorized by this agreement.
- No radio ID shall be programmed into a radio unless authorized to do so. No radio ID shall be duplicated in the WISCOM system. All radio ID’s must fall within the parameters of the WISCOM Interoperability Code and ID Plan.
- No talkgroup shall be programmed into a radio unless authorized to do so.
- Each agency and its designees shall be responsible for the integrity of the system key, and any computer equipment on which the key and associated programs reside.
- No modifications will be performed to WISCOM with regard to setup and operating parameters without the expressed authorization of the system manager and/or his/her designee.
- As an authorized programmer, the signatory agrees to abide by all policies and procedures of the Wisconsin Interoperable System for Communications, the SSMG, and the Interoperability Council (IC).
» Download the WISCOM programming security agreement (Word document).
The form should be completed, signed, scanned as a pdf and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding completion of this form can be emailed to this address:
Office of Justice Assistance - Homeland Security
1 S. Pinckney Street, Suite 615
Madison, Wisconsin 53703-2874
Web site: http://oja.wi.gov/